Blackmores Horseradish + Garlic contains a combination of herbs that are traditionally used for the temporary relief of nasal congestion. It is ideal for people with allergies, and for those with congestion of the upper respiratory tract congestion. The pungent compounds, the mustard oils, found in horseradish are thought to be the constituents which give it the traditionally recognized decongestant effect.
- Horseradish has been found to have beneficial properties and clears the respiratory passages.
- The pungent compounds, the mustard oils, found in horseradish are thought to be the constituents which give it the traditionally recognized decongestant effect.
- Garlic has traditionally been used for the relief of blocked nose.
- Garlic contains sulphur compounds which are concentrated in the bulb. These sulphur compounds include alliin (a sulphur-containing amino acid) which is responsible for many of the beneficial actions of garlic.
- Alliin is converted by enzymes naturally occurring in garlic to the active compound allicin, when garlic is cut, crushed or chewed.
- Allicin is responsible for the characteristic smell of garlic, and the biological activity of garlic lies in its ability to produce allicin.
Direction for Use: Adults - Take 2-3 tablets a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed. Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. This is a traditional medicine. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional. Store below 30 degree Celsius in a dry place away from direct sunlight.