BiO-LiFE’s Red Yeast Rice provides natural red yeast extract traditionally used for general health maintenance. Red yeast rice is derived from the fermentation of rice with red yeast (Monascus purpureus). It has been used traditionally for centuries in foods and medication and is indicated for general health maintenance.
Features and Benefits:
- Natural herbal formulation to maintain a healthy body
- Red Yeast Rice is in vegetable capsules, suitable for everyone.
- Red Yeast Rice contains a naturally occurring substance called monacolin K which promotes a healthy body.
Recommended for People who want to maintain a healthy body.
Dosage: Two capsules daily with food or as recommended by your pharmacist.
- Contraindicated for those who are hypersensitive to any component of red yeast rice-containing products, pregnant mothers, women of childbearing age who are likely to conceive, those with active liver problems and those with unexplained aminotransferase (transaminase) elevations.
- All of the warnings, precautions, and interactions of pharmaceutical lovastatin apply to red yeast rice since the principal bioactive substance in red yeast rice is the same.
- Those taking medication for cholesterol control should seek medical advice before using it.
- Those with a past history of liver condition, those taking warfarin and those who routinely consume alcohol should exercise caution.
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while taking this supplement. Concurrent use of lovastatin and grapefruit juice may result in increased bioavailability of lovastatin.